Sunday, November 9, 2008

One of Those Moments

During worship this morning, for whatever reason, my thoughts turned toward this recent election. And it crossed my mind, I want to see the glory of God! Part of me, the selfish, arrogant, prideful part of me does the whole "let's see what you get". And I had moved from that somewhat and was starting to come to terms with the fact that he will be my President. But this morning in church was so much different. It was clearly, "God, I want to see Your glory manifest in his presidency".

Then my awesome and amazing Pastor began his sermon on changing our attitudes. He didn't drum this one up for this Sunday. In fact, he's been preaching out of Malachi for weeks now and this was the next sermon. In a small portion of his message, he talked about the elections and about his own disappointment Wednesday morning. What he kept saying though was "God is still on the throne". He is right! God IS still on the throne! Whether or not I agree or will agree with his views or his actions, he will still be my President. I am still instructed in scripture to pray for him. I pledge allegiance to the United States of America - no matter who the President is.

It was a good and incredibly timely message for me. Before I left for church this morning, I yearned to hear God, and I heard God today. For that, I am thankful!

No comments: