Thursday, March 5, 2009

*Love* to Cook

I have discovered a true love for cooking. I've done a few different things in regards to meal planning. I've enjoyed all of them and now I'm somewhat incorporating several of them.

I like to do the make-ahead meal thing but I personally don't like to eat the same thing over and over again. There are some things that my family begs me for regularly and I try to keep those in too, but I like to try new things.

Lately, I pull out about 6 cookbooks and randomly find a recipe that I think we will enjoy. I really just flip to a page and if I think we will like it (which is almost always yes) and the ingredients aren't such that I'll have to go buy a ton of stuff that I don't normally use or have on-hand, then I cook it. Dinner lately is soooooo yummy!

I get excited for dinner time. I make my list, do my shopping and just pick from the list during the week. I don't even want to go out to eat. I can't wait to make the next one! This week, my list includes:
Polish Kraut & Apples
Fusilli with Bacon & Chives
Italian Stuffed Meat Loaf
Hungarian Goulash Casserole
Taco Pizza
Spaghetti Rigati with Creamy Green Sauce

Last night, it was the spaghetti rigati (recipe can be found here). I added some ground beef to help Justin out. :) It was delicious though! Oh man! We drooled over it! Tonight, I think I'll do the Taco Pizza. Oh wait, I have to save that for Mexican Monday. Maybe I should get the Polish Kraut & Apples in the slow cooker now. I think I'll do that.

Want any recipes, let me know.

Also, I got a recipe last night for making my own syrup. I cannot believe I've been buying so much syrup (we use a lot) for so long when I could have been making it at home! Craziness!

No comments: