Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fix Me

I remember when I was in the 4th or 5th grade, my older sister and I were at my biological dad’s house for our weekend visitation. I remember that in the midst of an evening that had gotten out of control, I sat on the top bunk of our bed crying so hard and talking to my sister. She hugged me and said, “It’s going to be alright. I promise.”

It was the first time anyone had ever said that it would alright. I distinctly remember it and how important that moment was to me. I believed her too…and it was.

There have been many times along the way that I’ve wished someone would hug me and say that. At times, when I’ve deeply needed someone to tell me that it’s all going to be ok, I’ve had friends that have done that. They have no idea the impact that simple statement made.

Right now, I really need someone to hug me and promise me that it’s going to be alright. And, I really need to believe them.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I wish I was there to hug you. I can at least tell you it will be alright. Can you believe that? Since I know from experience? I really believe it will be alright in the end.

Christine said...

Not long until I can say this in person, but it will be all right! I think that's one of the most important lessons to learn from the cross: the worst is never the last.