Thursday, January 22, 2009

Random Stuff

This morning, I left Jaden on my bed with Migc while I went to the bathroom. I came back to find Jaden crawling to Migc, who was laying down, giving him a kiss and laying his head on Migc's shoulder. Collectively, we all say, "awwwwwww".

He's fully mobile now - crawling, pulling up, cruising furniture (and his favorite seems to be Daddy's big screen tv), and yesterday, he had a good attempt going up the stairs. Migc and Kristen are so good with him. Sometimes, I worry that they might resent him because I spend so much time taking care of him and they get the back burner sometimes. They don't though. They understand and go with it. In fact, Migc is really ready for me to have another baby.

He was talking about Arkalalah the other day and I told him that we might be moved there by then and, in fact, we *could* have another baby by then. He smiled really big and said, "cool!" I asked if he would be excited about that, since Jaden was so much work, and he told me that he wants another baby! He's always telling me that he wants lots of brothers and sisters. He's got his Momma's heart!

They didn't have school on Tuesday, so I made them watch Obama's inauguration. I don't agree with his politics and the kids are well aware of it and even aware of why we don't agree with him, but it was a moment that I hope they always remember. I would have made them watch it if they were white too. In fact, Justin picked up a newspaper for Jaden's keepsake box. It was history and important history at that! I cried as I watch those little girls walk down the stairs. They don't fully understand yet the significance of it all - they can't yet, but the fact that there are little black girls playing in the White House today...living in the White House today, is remarkable and life changing. I wanted my kids to see it and to say when they got older that they watched it. I want them to tell their grandkids about watching it.

So, I seemed to have severed a rib from my spine. That sounds horrible, doesn't it? Justin says it is, but I don't really think it's that big of a deal. I can still do tons of stuff. In fact, yesterday, I did laundry, painted all of the trim upstairs, vacuumed, took care of Jaden, etc. I just can't do anything with a torso twisting action. I have to face things full-on and be aware of my every move. I have to do that for 4 weeks. Sounds fun, huh?

Well, Jaden is sleeping and I need to take advantage of this time, so off I go!

No comments: